If you're supposed to be doing your taxes right now, I've got some bad news for you: reading a list of tax memes isn't technically doing your taxes. Or anything close. But it is fun!
Whether you're hacking away at TurboTax, or desperately trying to conjure all those “legitimate” business expense receipts for your accountant, it can't hurt to take a break and share a chuckle at a few relatable tax season memes.
I mean, the IRS says you've got until April 15, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. to file. And it's not 11:59 p.m. yet, right?
Now, onto the jokes…
1. The IRS needs to stop wasting my time.
2. Honestly, I blame you for letting me do my own taxes. Is that a defense?
3. Are you getting a baller return this year?
4. Might as well spend that return on something fancy.
5. Some things never change.
6. Sometimes, it's important to understand the historical foundations of the U.S. tax system.
7. CPA = Certified Parallelogram Accountant
8. But they are my fur kids, right?
9. Percentage of cookies eaten varies by state, but eating them is deductible.
10. Back to school.
11. Spending High.
12. Cashed up.
13. Talk to you next March!
15. A little too simple?
16. Or your 1099! Our nation's mailmen really do have more power over the tax system than anyone.
17. Onboarding the IRS.
18. Dollar, dollar bills y'all.
19. TurboTax is savage.
20. I could claim a few of those.
Ok, I hope that was fun. Now get back to finishing your taxes, then have a nice glass of wine, and hope you don't get audited!